This dinner is my Loves FAVORITE! He request this once a week. It took a few tries to get the right mixture, texture and flavor but below is how I make them every single time. Please understand I’m not a cook! I NEVER use measuring utensils and I can’t cook to taste(bad taste buds). I have watched a thousand cooking shows and memorize what flavors are good together. Feel free to make this recipe your own.
- 1lb. ground turkey
- 1/4 a cup of diced onion
- 1/2 cup of frozen full leaf spinach
- 2-3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 tbs of butter (margerine if fine as well)
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1.5 tbs of any oil you would like – I use Canola Oil
- 1 egg
- Perheat over at 350 degrees
- Saute the diced onion, minced garlic and spinach with the butter. Lightly season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Cook on low until the onions start to turn light brown.
- Bowl: mix the ground turkey, egg, parmesan cheese, oil, bread crumbs.
- Then add the finished skillet mixture. MIX WITH SPOON FIRST OR YOU WILL BURN YOUR HANDS! Add more salt and pepper as you like.
- Once its good and mixed with the spoon then get your hands in there and mix again then make the balls any size you choose.
**You can also make it into a loaf for Turkey Meatloaf. You just need to cook it longer in the oven.**
- Once they are in the cooking pan (pyrex or corning ware works best), lightly drizzle canola oil on top of each ball. Make sure the oil reaches the bottom. this helps to keep from sticking.
- Bake for 30 min. Cover and mid way thru, turn the balls over, put back in over to finish uncovered.
I steamed some white rice and sauteed some mushrooms as a light topping.