This dinner is my Loves FAVORITE! He request this dish once a week. It took a few tries to get the right mixture, texture and flavor but below is how I make them every single time. Please understand I’m not a cook! I NEVER use measuring utensils and I can’t cook to taste(bad taste buds). I have watched a thousand cooking shows and memorize what flavors are good together. Feel free to make this recipe your own.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 3/4 cup of diced onion
- 1/2 cup of frozen full leaf spinach
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 tbs of salted butter
- 1/2 cup Italian dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs of any oil you would like – I use Vegetable Oil
- 1 egg
- Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees
- Saute the diced onion, minced garlic and spinach with the butter. Lightly season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Cook on low until the onions and spinach start to turn light brown.
- Large Bowl: mix the ground turkey, egg, Parmesan cheese, oil, bread crumbs.
- Then add the finished skillet mixture. MIX WITH SPOON FIRST OR YOU WILL BURN YOUR HANDS! Add more salt and pepper as you like.
- Once its good and mixed with a large spoon, then get your hands in there and mix again then make the balls any size you choose.
**You can also make it into a loaf for Turkey Meatloaf. You just need to cook it longer in the oven.**
- Once they are in the cooking pan (Pyrex or corning ware works best), lightly drizzle vegetable oil on top of each ball. Make sure the oil reaches the bottom. this helps to keep from sticking.
- Bake covered for 30 min. Mid way thru, turn the balls over, put back in oven to finish uncovered.
I steamed some white rice and sauteed some mushrooms as a light topping or Cream of Mushroom gravy.